Affiliates are specialist subject experts who add value to Business Game events facilitated by Partners. Collaboration examples include:
- Events where Partners want or need to cover additional topics or restrict themselves to the role of independent referee.
- Events commissioned by Associates, whose members or clients discover learning opportunities for themselves.
Affiliates provide deeper insight into particular issues as and when required.
Normally, when Partners are facilitate (or referee) Busines Game events, clients are given complete freedom to run their virtual business as they choose.
When mistakes occur, teams can be asked what assumptions underpinned their decisions. This reveals far more about individual and team thinking.
One of the intrinsic benefits of Business Games is the highlighting of unexpected gaps in knowledge or experience.
Participants are often motivated to acquire additional knowledge in the form of books, e-learning, webinars, DVDs or third party training courses.
Where the issue is not a specialism of the Partner, there is usually an opportunity to collaborate with one or more Affiliates.
Examples of the expertise and specialisations in demand include:
- Cross-cultural awareness
- Customer service
- Decision support
- Environmental: reducing travel
- Financial reports
- Finance readiness
- Human resources
- Lateral thinking
- Leadership Development
- Mind mapping
- Negotiation skills
- Presentation skills
- Profiling – Belbin/Myers-Briggs
- Profiling – DISC/colour-based systems
- Profiling – Enneagram
- Profiling – Gender balance
- Public relations & media management
- Risk assessment
- Role play (using actors)
- Social Media & Networks
- Team building
- Time management
- Video applications
In future, registered Affiliates will be able to post summary profiles on the Business Game website with links to their own sites.